Information for visitors
Bowdon prep School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers, visitors and outside agencies to share this commitment.
The school teaching day is from: 8.40am – 3.45pm
The school Reception is open from: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Visitor Identification & Safety
- Visitors and helpers unknown to the children & staff are requested to wear identification badges and may be escorted by a member of staff whilst in the school.
- All volunteers & workers involved with the children will have completed the relevant DBS checks prior to coming into school.
- All visitors must sign the Visitors Book located at the main reception. Visitors unknown to the School will be asked for proof of identity.
- As a matter of safety, no visitor/helper may open the school door to any other visitor without first checking with a senior member of staff.
- Please ensure you are aware of the school safeguarding procedures including safer working practices, confidentiality and emergency procedures.
- Before helping in school, all adults will have undertaken a DBS check appropriate to their role and will be asked to sign the school agreement to confirm their acceptance of school polices regarding safeguarding & confidentiality.
- Volunteer/adults are reminded that they may not support/help a child in isolation as a matter of safety for all.
- A member of our admin team will be responsible for sharing other procedures and additional information is displayed around the school.
- If you hear the continuous sound of the fire alarm please immediately leave the building by the nearest exit and assemble in the playground.
- In the unlikely event of an accident to an adult or child, please inform a member of staff immediately. All staff are first aid trained and all accidents or ‘near misses’ must be reported.
- If you see or hear something that concerns you, then please speak to a senior member of staff.
- The adult toilets are located in the children’s cloakroom area.
- Visitors are invited to use the staffroom and help themselves to tea/coffee.
- No glass may be taken out of the staffroom and hot drinks can only be taken if in a thermos mug with a lid. This must be kept out of harm’s way.
- If you stay with us over lunchtime you are invited to enjoy a school meal otherwise please bring a packed lunch.
Parking at the School
- Parking on the school site is limited. The school is located in a busy residential area and so we ask all of our visitors to park with care ensuring that driveways and entrances are not blocked.
- We have disabled parking at the front of the school and will be happy to reserve spaces for visitors notifying us in advance if they need extra assistance.
- Please contact the school office for further details.
- We have a non-smoking policy on any part of the school site.
- As a matter of policy all mobile phones must be turned off during lesson times and should not be used in areas where pupils are present.
- No images must be taken of any child or adult without the prior approval of the Headmistress, and only then using the school camera.
- Personal laptops or iPads should not be used. The school is happy to provide ICT resources. Please speak to a member of our admin team prior to arrival.